I know this stuff is random but I feel compelled to blog about it anyway…
- Moped and Scooter Traffic Enforcement Campaign (Indianasnewscenter.com). As a side-note, I made a “run for the border” late last night and saw a swarm of cops out and this morning I saw 2 moped-ists pulled over on my way to work
- Behavior and “anchoring” (Long Run blog). Yes I’m a dork and find this fascinating, sue me. Btw, the last 2 digits of my SSN are fairly high and my wife’s are very, very low. That explains a lot.
- The Numbers on Teen Pregnancy (Freakonomics) Who’s Bristol Palin?
- Google’s “Chrome” (Kottke.org). It’s a web browser, see dork comment above
- Study links gene variant to men in marital discord (WashingtonPost.com). “Sorry honey but it’s my DNA, I can’t help it.” Let me know how that works out for you, lol
And in case you didn’t know the Republican National Convention is going on as we speak
- Welcome to John McCain’s Party (Salon.com) I believe the commetntary last night talked about the surreal nature of Joe Lieberman’s speech, I agree, wtf? But then I find out that McCain wanted to pick Lieberman as his VP until the social conservative members of his party overruled him. Wait? I thought McCain was a party maverick and would kowtow to the Party*.
- Gustav, global warming and Sarah Palin (Salon.com) That’s funny, Sarah Palin has the same last name as that Bristol girl.
* Subject to approval by The Party, apparently